IBMi DB2 Databases¶
You could use the IBM System i Navigator, but how about a tool you can use on all DB (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, DB2…). I must warn you: it’s Java from the nineties.
The IBM Toolbox for Java is a library of Java classes supporting the client/server and internet programming models to a system running IBM i (or i5/OS or OS/400). The classes are used by SQuirreL to easily access IBM i data and resources.
- Download `SQuirrel <http://www.squirrelsql.org/#installation>>`_
- Open squirrel-sql-3.7-MACOSX-install.jar
- Make sure you select “Optional Plugin - DB2”
- Click on Drivers > JTOpen(AS/400)
- Click on Extra Class Path
- Click Add, then choose /usr/local/lib/jtopen_9_0/java8/jt400.jar and click OK.
- You should get a green message “Driver class com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver successfully registered for driver definition: JTOpen(AS/400)”
- Click on Aliases > + (blue cross)
- Select Driver: JTOpen(AS/400) (it should have a blue check mark)
- Enter your info, click OK. It should now be working!